If you’re researching potential locations for your next corporate event, Phoenix is a city worth considering. This growing Southwestern city has many advantages for anyone planning an event. Let’s look at why so many companies are choosing event venues in Phoenix.
The climate in Phoenix is warm and sunny most of the time. In fact, Phoenix has an average of 300 sunny days per year. If you want to avoid rain, snow and cold weather, you couldn’t choose a better location. Of course, it does get rather hot in the summer, but if you do have an event in Phoenix during the summer, you can be assured that it will be held in a comfortable air-conditioned venue. For the most part, when you plan your event in Phoenix, you’ll likely never have to cancel because of bad weather.
For most events, you’ll want to attract people from all over the country or perhaps even the world. No location is ideal for everyone, and some attendees will have to travel further than others. However, you should think of a location that’s easy to get to for as many people as possible. This includes proximity to other major cities and airport connections.
Phoenix is relatively close to Los Angeles, Dallas, and Las Vegas, some of the busiest cities in the American West. Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is a major hub, offering hundreds of domestic and international flights daily.
Many Choices of Venues
Phoenix is a business-friendly city. In recent years, the population has been growing and the city has attracted a wide variety of businesses. Leading industries in Phoenix include real estate, hospitality, healthcare, finance, and manufacturing. There are numerous venues available to host all types of events year-round. The following are just a few of the top venues in Phoenix or in nearby locations such as Scottsdale.
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch — This desert retreat is ideal for weekend events where you want to provide guests with a total experience. Indoor and outdoor spaces, high-end catering, lots of leisure activities provide a relaxing environment for events of all sizes.
- The Secret Garden Event Center — The Secret Garden, at the base of scenic South Mountain, offers a magical landscape of gardens, forests and lawns. They host a wide variety of events, from weddings to corporate events with eight event areas to choose from.
- Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa — This venue offers a beautiful landscape near Camelback Mountain, with over 50 acres and multiple indoor and outdoor event spots.
- The Croft Downtown — An atmospheric venue in the trendy Warehouse District of downtown Phoenix.
- Lustre Rooftop Bar — Provide your guests with amazing city views at this rooftop venue in downtown Phoenix. Features an outdoor pool and catering.
- monOrchid in Phoenix — Spacious rooms and a convenient downtown location make this a popular spot for large events.
- Cloth & Flame — This company operates a little differently as it’s not a fixed venue. Rather, they host events in many locations, customized to your needs. They can help you create a temporary venue and plan your event from the ground up.
These are just a few of the many venue choices in the Phoenix area. Now let’s look at some criteria you can use when choosing the right Phoenix venue for your next event.
Attractions in Phoenix
People often schedule time to do some sightseeing while they’re in town for a corporate event. In Phoenix, they can enjoy many diversions and entertainment. The following are just a few points of interest.
- Outdoor activities such as hiking and biking. Phoenix Mountain Preserve is a great spot within the city. Papago Park is a short drive from downtown.
- Desert Botanical Garden has 50 acres of beautiful flowers and desert plants. During the holiday season, the garden is lit up with festive lighting.
- Museums — The Heard Museum is dedicated to Native American culture and history. The Phoenix Art Museum is the largest fine art museum in the Southwest and features contemporary art from all over the world.
- Scottsdale —The Old Town area is famous for its many fashionable restaurants, bars and shops.
Consider the Details of Your Event
When looking for the appropriate Phoenix venue, you should consider the following.
- The size of your event. You want to make sure the venue can accommodate estimated number of attendees.
- Timing. Some event spaces are only open during business hours or certain days of the week. Additionally, you should book far enough in advance to improve your chances of locking down the date of your event.
- Atmosphere. Whether you prefer a trendy downtown location or a relaxed spot in the desert depends on the event and the environment that is most suitable.
- Cost. You likely have a budget to work with. If it’s an event that people are paying to attend, you’ll want to set the prices accordingly. For celebrations, team-building events and other occasions when there is no fee, you have to decide how much you want to allocate.
Corporate event photography for Phoenix events is always worth considering. While an event only lasts a certain number of hours or days, photographs have a lasting value. And you can display photos of the event on your website and social media pages, for years to come. You can also create and upload videos to YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and more.
It’s important to find the right corporate event photographer for your event. You and your employees can take photos with your smartphones, which are great for personal use. However, a professional photographer is an artist that will capture more compelling shots, they are experts in getting shots that will convey the true atmosphere of the event and help you build your brand.
Create the Perfect Event in Phoenix
Whether you’re planning a convention, holiday celebration, seminar, or any other corporate event, don’t overlook Phoenix as a location. Between the weather, beautiful surroundings and local attractions, there’s no better place to hold a memorable event.