The city of Scottsdale in Arizona continues to emerge as a leading destination for corporate events. Businesses that are situated in the Southwest have many choices for conferences, parties, conventions, and other business-related events, yet the allure of wanting to spend time in a warm and culturally vibrant area, often moves them to choose Scottsdale for theirs.
The Advantages of Scottsdale for a Corporate Event
There are quite a few reasons to choose Scottsdale, AZ for corporate events.
- Warm climate all year. In Scottsdale, you never have to worry about winter events getting canceled for bad weather. During the warmer months, venues are comfortably air-conditioned, making it a suitable destination year-round.
- Stunning natural beauty. You’re never far from amazing desert landscapes and other scenic spots in Scottsdale. You can choose from the cultural attractions of the city to venues in more remote areas.
- Close to many popular destinations. The Scottsdale area is quite close to many large cities. In addition to being a part of the Phoenix metro area, it’s only a five-hour drive or a short flight from Los Angeles, San Diego, and Las Vegas.
- A great destination for golfers. The Phoenix and Scottsdale region has some of the country’s best golf courses. Scottsdale alone has around 300 golf courses. Even if your venue doesn’t have its own golf course, you’re never far from one.
- Many local attractions. Visitors can enjoy a walking or Segway tour of Old Town Scottsdale, visit local museums and attractions such as McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park, dine in the city’s many fine restaurants, and explore natural sites such as Pinnacle Peak Park.
Top Venues in Scottsdale
There are numerous venues for corporate events in and around Scottsdale. The following are some of your best options.
The Phoenician — The Phoenician Scottsdale specializes in its “Hand-Crafted” events, customized to the needs of every client. With over 160,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space, you can choose from elegant rooms such as the Estrella Theatre, Grand Ballroom and Camelback Ballroom. World-class catering, served by an award-winning culinary team, can provide you with the perfect menu.
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa —With over 300 acres set in the Sonoran Desert, this award-winning resort offers a large variety of amenities, including custom catering, spas, pools, a 36-hole golf course, tennis courts, and many indoor and outdoor areas for events. Experienced event planners can help you create the ideal experience for your guests.
Westin Kierland Resort and Spa —A great choice if you want your event right in the heart of Scottsdale, within walking distance of Scottsdale Quarter and Kierland Commons. The resort has almost 200,000 square feet of meeting space and amenities, including a conference center, two swimming pools, town car service, three on-site restaurants, and a luxury spa.
Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia —This Spanish-style luxury resort is located at the base of Camelback Mountain, providing stunning views and proximity to outdoor activities such as hiking. Amenities include six unique dining choices, three pools, 23 cabanas, Joya Spa & Salon, a 24-hour fitness center, and easy access to championship golf courses. Omni Resort offers several meeting space options, including the Alhambra Ballroom, with a capacity of up to 1000, and the Valencia Lawn if you need an outdoor space.
Desert Foothills —Desert Foothills, an exclusive spot in the Sonoran Desert, has 30 years of experience serving all types of clients. This venue is equipped to handle events of up to 1500 guests with a 10,000 square foot barn, bandshell, and outdoor cookout area equipped with four fire pits. Gourmet dining and entertainment can also be arranged. Desert Foothills is the perfect spot if you want to give your guests the chance to enjoy the beauty of the desert
Arizona Biltmore — A luxury resort offering lots of beautiful venue space as well as golf and memorable activities such as desert stargazing, balloon rides over the Sonoran Desert, bike tours, seven swimming pools and lots more. Meeting venues include an updated conference center, the Aztec Room, and an elegant ballroom.
Choose the Perfect Venue in Scottsdale
If you’re planning a corporate event in the Scottsdale area, you have many choices. The following are some tips to help you choose the ideal venue.
- Plan well in advance. It’s especially important now, as more corporate events are being planned, to book venues as far ahead as possible.
- Choose the right size venue. Depending on the size of your event, you may need a spacious room or perhaps an outdoor space. On the other hand, for smaller groups, a more compact space is not only less expensive, but it provides a more intimate setting. Also, some of the larger hotels and resorts often offer several rooms with differing capacities, for the same dates. And many of these have the flexibility to combine rooms to customize the capacity that you need.
- Consider the best location. Would your event work better in the middle of Scottsdale itself or in one of the resorts further from the center of town but closer in proximity to more open desert? This depends on the type of event and what kind of activities your guests prefer.
- Talk to the venue coordinators. Call at least two venues and get a sense of what they have to offer. While you can learn about the core amenities from their website, it’s also good to talk to people and see how willing they are to work with you and help you plan the ideal event.